Thursday, September 01, 2005

BDR 2

That's the radio station I've been listening to, and I took an hour today to keep track of their playlist. My results:
At 10 am, they started off strong with the Police's "De Do Do Do De Da Da Da" (one of my favorite songs). Then one of those long German commercial breaks and traffic and weather and news and then Ricky Martin's "Private Emotion" followed by Joe Cocker's "N'oubliez Jamais" then Lisa Stanfield's "If I Hadn't Got You," then some French song that I couldn't begin to understand. At 10:30 it was Madonna time, with "Nothing Really Matters." That led into James Blunt's "You're Beautiful," and then, somewhat jarringly, came Eddie Rabbitt's "I Love a Rainy Night." Of course, by now it was 10:45 and BDR 2 had to make sure they got their German song of the hour in, and I couldn't understand enough of it to figure out what it is called. Back to English with Charles and Eddie singing "Would I Lie To You" (unless it was the Jesse McCartney cover of the same song) and we wrapped up the hour with Pat Benatar and "We Belong Together."
Just try to get that kind of diversity from American radio.

In other news, a few fun anecdotes:
Cutest Use of English by a German Award goes to Jonas for "The Yankees defeated the Rednecks in the Civil War, freeing the slaves"
More Supermarket Details: Steaks and ribs come pre-marinated! My host mom asked me what we normally grill for cookouts, and when I said hot dogs and hamburgers, she was astounded. Then again, the idea of eating waffles for breakfast is equally astounding here (they are a dessert item in Germany).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your site. don't change it. I am copying it when I get back home in den USA