Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Dib a Da Ba Do Bop

German radio made me the happiest person ever at 2:30 this afternoon by playing Mmm Bop. There was dancing and singing like a very silly person, I must admit. It's just something about hearing Hanson when you turn on the radio as you sit down to do your Philo homework (and of course all the focus for the homework disappears).

I rode my bike to school this morning and I am working on finding more excuses to do that, because I enjoy it, and I don't have to wait around forever for the bus. It's especially nice when I can leave the house at 11 to ride my bike, rather than 7. I'm not 100% certain that I can count my 2 periods as a day of school, but Philo was way more boring than usual and German was actually really interesting (now that we've stopped reading this terrible Evening poem and moved onto an actually interesting sonnet about how beauty fades that ties so nicely into Dorian Gray that I want to write an essay and maybe I will) and I understood everything and can speak with some authority about the prosody of sonnets in German. I don't know what practical purpose this has, but it's a pretty cool skill to have. More bicycling and then fish sticks and work on a picture for Anna and I was late to Sport (oops) but dancing is so much fun and I wish we would ride bikes on Friday but dancing is nice, too, and we get to dance for the camera this time. And more drawering and some work on Italian (I need to work harder on Italian, I am being a bad Italian student even though I am doing all of my homework) and I'm sleepy and I have to get up early again tomorrow and I need a shower.

Tomorrow I will be an adult. I am going to try to bake a bilingual cake on Saturday, which means reading a recipe in English and trying to explain it to my host mother in German. I have to remember to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius. I'm not certain that baking soda exists in Germany, and I don't know if this is a problem.

Tomorrow I will be 18.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and Miss You!

Anonymous said...

EIGHTEEN!!!!
Seems like just yesterday you were
running around the house saying
"cool beans".
Love,
Daddy

KC said...

WOW how cool kari! happy birthday!!
it's so exciting to be 18, isn't it?!

and with regards to hanson, DT5miL., this dance party club here is throwing an 'old-school' dance party this friday, and hanson is on our playlist! mmmBOP actually!

hahaha, cheers to old music. . .