Thursday, September 08, 2005

"So How'd You Meet?" "Beer Bottle."

Awesome find of the day: Vplusfreunds.

Situation: I'm chilling on the patio at the end of Verena's party, drinking a beer, talking to whatever random parents have come to pick up their children, relaxing. Look at the label on the bottle mainly out of habit, a little boredom, the usual thing. But then I notice a little logo in the corner and the request to pull the label off. Underneath I find the funniest thing since "here puked Goethe." Personal ads on the back of beer labels. Mine was for some fine young man by the name of Thomas, 23 years old and living in Bonn. Anna and I immediately decided that he was the man for me. His ad even said (translated): "I'm looking for: you, because you are open and I always have fun getting to know new people!" Later, as I was taking empty bottles in, I noticed another pull label (not every bottle has one for some reason). My second option is Maik, age 26, living in Diepholz, motto (not translated) "I am what I drink."

I'm not actually certain what kind of person would actually meet someone through a beer bottle, but in case you don't believe that such a thing exists, point your mouse to www.vplusfriends.de and see for yourself.

This is going on the big list of why Germany is cooler than other places.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey, what up !!!! so have you named your fish yet??? because i would realy like to have a peice of german chocolate : ) you know when you come back into the U.S. you wont be able to drink. lol well i guess i will ttyl love ya and miss ya c ya later

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious. really it is.