Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I Hate Tuesdays

But they're pretty cool, because I am still in Germany.

Tuesdays are bad because I have to wake up at 6:30, and that is never fun. Somehow I still managed to make myself look cheerful in my Robotania t-shirt and a pair of shorts I've worn maybe 3 or 4 days now without washing, German style. Rode the bike to school for the first time, and it was a lot farther than I figured and I am more out of bicycling shape than I thought and going up the stairs to history was the last thing I wanted to do (points against Tuesday). History in and of itself isn't always a happy class because it is hard, but today we were doing things that were major review for me and I was mostly bored. . . I do now have a copy of the Apostles Creed in German, and the 10 Commandments, and random parts of the Quran, so that's sort of cool. Pause and then English, which is more fun and included adorable German use of English "scandalicious." Also lots of talking about Tupac, which I know you wish you were doing in your English class. Pause again and then Art and I'm working on a big cartoony picture of being lonely in the city and it's awesome. Free period in which I lay on a bench and listened to Chris Isaak and looked at the trees. Then Italian, in which we ordered pizza and I learned how to ask people for their phone numbers, which will certainly lead to fun Italian adventures. And I'm looking into a theater group and I'm going to go call Nina shortly to hang out. This means that I am making friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you complain about having to get up at 6:30 a.m. - you used to have to get up at 5:30 a.m.

Stella drove Travis to school today - hope they made it!!!

Anonymous said...

in italian oder Deutsch?
and the litte typing the letters thing gets annoying....

Kari said...

I've known how to ask people for their phone numbers in German. Now I can do it in at least 3 languages.

And I am still racist against robots, even though I am equally annoyed by typing the letters. Robots are more bothersome, though.