Friday, September 16, 2005

It is Friday and the Weather is Weird

End post.

No, wait, I've done things! Ummmmm. . .
I went to school, and I came home. Wednesday I went back to school after I came home, and then I came home again. I've been watching an awful lot of CNN and conspiring with the internet to read newspapers again, so now I also know what is going on in the world.

Adventures? Well, I went off wandering today during my 2 free periods before Sport (there are probably reasons I shouldn't go off wandering by myself in a foreign country, but it is fun so I don't care) even though it was cold and wettish out (it is all sunny and warm now and I'm a little mad at the weather for ruining our bike ride plan) and I found some really normal farm fields and a couple of people walking their dogs. Still waiting to go around a corner one day and find the coolest store or exciting hang-out place ever.

Also there are exciting things happening inside my brain! In case you didn't know, I'm (very very slowly) working my way through The Picture of Dorian Gray in German and it just so happens that half of the stuff we talk about at school relates- there are things that fit nicely into Kant (normally I rather disagree with Kant and hate reading him, but now there are connections that make it all exciting) and then it also relates to these poems that we are reading in German (today, end of the 4th week of school, we finally added a second and third poem to our curriculum. I cannot describe how boring 4 weeks of discussing one poem was). The other half of the things I'm learning about at school tie really nicely into the concept of poverty and environmentalism and racism which just happens to be majorly current and there are always really great stories on CNN about those topics and great editorials that I can read and then when I go to school I look all smart and aware because I can talk about current issues. . . plus those happen to be in my English-language classes, which makes it easier. The only class that isn't having awesome connections is Italian, but that's okay.

Today is the day of parenthetical comments (also of strange and annoying earworms).

No comments: