Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Won't Put my Hands Up and Surrender

Picking the song of the day was tough today- I had a couple options, but I've chosen Dido's "White Flag" because it is pretty and seemed somehow appropriate for today.

So I slept until 8:45 and lazed around all morning until 11, when I got on my bike and actually had to fight the wind on the way to school (this is a bad thing). Philosophy is still making sense (yay) and German was a complete waste of my time (discussing how to do the Facharbeit, the big research paper everyone else has to do). And fought the wind (actually less than usual) all the way home, where lunch was nice, warm goulash that made me feel better. And I got a big shiny viewbook from Mt Holyoke today (and a free journal- score!) so I locked myself in my room to let it convince me that all-girls schools are actually an okay thing (over 50% of Mt Holyoke's students weren't looking for an all-girls school, and had reservations about the whole all-girls thing). I've decided that the Pioneer Valley would make me pretty happy (Hampshire's another of the 5 schools in the region, and it is my first choice) and I'd like to live there. Maybe it is not Köln, but it is Northampton and Amherst and mountains and free buses and that is kind of similar. My reveries were interrupted by Sport, which was playing on a trapeze today (eep!). I don't have the arm strength for the trapeze, and it is high up and scary, but I tried and I don't think I want to do it again. Better than volleyball, though.
Got home at 6:30 (yuck) and started into my big mound of homework- I have an Italian exam tomorrow and I am not at all prepared but I made flashcards and I think I remember how to conjugate the verbs (it is complex) and otherwise I am hoping for the best. Then I had to write a short little paper about my painting that turned out pretty well, and I am about to print off some Kant thing for Philosophy, although I am fairly certain I understand the German bit that we discussed in class and I want to maybe try to continue without the English, just to see if I can. Fortunately, my SoWi paper is done, although I'm not 100% certain that it has a strong thesis, but it is so pretty that I do not want to change it at all.
I have 6 periods tomorrow, one after the other. I got really used to holes in my schedule. I am terrified of my Italian exam. I'd better go keep studying, then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol i want a peace of chocolate mi and stella i think you should name the dino.....................nick or the pinky and the brain or pinkster well gtg ttyl love ya and miss ya