Friday, September 23, 2005

And I'm Walking On Sunshine

Is the song of the day, brought to you by the radio at breakfast this morning (and a few other mornings, it is yet another beloved song here).

How many days in a row can I name my posts after song lyrics?

So German today was Klausur day, which means something along the lines of exam, except the entire exam consisted of writing one (rather short) essay analyzing one poem. I guess these essays are graded hard, AP-style, because otherwise this is just way too easy. And I wrote my little essay right along with them and analyzed the baroque sonnet and proved that I can define a sonnet in detail (do you know what an Alexandriner is?) and that I can analyze poetry in GERMAN. Poetry from 1663, when people spoke weird old-style language. I am pretty proud of myself, but I haven't seen the grade yet.

Riding my bike is really nice, but there's always this really nasty headwind on the very last stretch of road before Uckendorf. The one stretch of road that has a really huge hill. I hate this wind- I have to work twice as hard to even move, and when I could normally get enough speed going down the giant hill to get me halfway home without pedalling, I instead get to coast along at a relatively slow pace down the hill and, if I'm lucky, maybe 10-15 yards thereafter. And then its back to working all super-hard to pedal against the wind, only to turn the corner onto my street where there are houses blocking the wind and I am going in a different direction, and my bike suddenly flies as if all my grunting were just show.

Lunch smells yummy. . . Verena and Anna better get home soon because I want to eat it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did we have good to eat???

Kari said...

Homemade soup with ground beef and some cheese-cream sauce and some sort of chives or spring onions or something or other. . . it was so delicious, and now you may be very jealous.

Anonymous said...

I am! That doesn't sound like anything you would have ever eaten at home!!!

Kari said...

Does it sound like anything you would have ever made?