Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Notify List

I've been getting reports that some people are having issues joining my Notify List, and this has me mildly concerned- of course plenty of you have had no trouble, but I'm going to run down the way things are supposed to happen to see if we can pinpoint the issue:
You type your e-mail address into the little box down there on the left and click on "join". This directs you to a screen that says you're almost on my list, and that a confirmation e-mail is being sent to you. This is where I'm guessing people are having problems- these e-mails may very well be blocked due to some sort of spam filter- try turning your filter off or telling it to accept e-mails from confirm@notifylist.com (that's the address that will send you the confirmation e-mail, all future e-mails come from my address oneseventy@gmail.com). When you get the e-mail, there will be a link in it for you to click. This will direct you to a page telling you that you're on the list and you will get another confirmation e-mail that includes instructions for how to get off the list, should you ever decide that e-mails from me are not fun.

If you're still having issues, send me an e-mail (oneseventy@gmail.com) and we'll see if we can figure this thing out.

If you're interested in reading older e-mails that you may have missed, drop me a line and I'll hook you up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been gettin the updates. I think that gmail blocks it...

Anonymous said...

seriously.. the beer bottle thingg... let's do it!!!! that would be sooo much fun!! really it would be!! I was going to say something else but I forgot.. oh, wait, you have a betrueur!! that is supercool.. now you're an equal. welcome. the same one as Guli, ja? Herz Mary

Kari said...

Gmail doesn't block it- I have no trouble getting from myself or from other lists. . . I haven't sent one the past few blog updates, though, because I am lazy.

Yep, I share a Betreuer with Gil. It would be really awesome if said Betreuer actually got in touch with me (still no address or phone number, of course).

KC said...

hey kari!

i'm so glad you keep this blog so i can keep up with how you're doing in germany! sounds like you're having a great time! which is SO awesome!!

i'm loving portland - still get waves of homesickness, but it's only normal. when do you come back to the states? not for a full year?! wow, you are one brave soul!

weird that we're not the ones in mass comm anymore, isn't it?! someone else is there in our place!

anyway, talk soon!
Kacey