Friday, November 04, 2005

Put on My Blue Suede Shoes and I Boarded the Plane

I've been feeling kinda bluesy lately (just the music, not the sadness or the drunkenness, depending on your language), so today's song is Marc Cohn's "Walking in Memphis," although Alannah Myles' "Black Velvet" is my earworm.

So I didn't blog yesterday because I was worn out from staining the carport and then buying gravel to fill in the area around the carport (yours truly handled all the hauling of 9 15kg bags, thank you very much)- Rosi and I worked very hard without men, although it was apparently the day of the GQ Man of the Year awards in Munich. And then Miri and Rosi and I went out for pizza (which was delicious) and I went to bed before midnight, which isn't normal for me here on fall break.
I also managed to wake up before noon (10:30, to be closer to exact), and we went into Augsburg this afternoon for shopping- I bought a Patricia Highsmith book (in German) so I can finally finish Dorian Gray without worry that I'll have nothing more to read, and I bought a pair of wonderful pants at H&M (I also left behind so many other things that I wanted because I can't spend my whole budget for November in one day). And I had a Döner at my new Regular Döner Stand- the guy was super-nice and we chatted a bit while I ate and he gave Rosi a free cup of tea and everything. I now refuse to buy my Döner elsewhere. We stopped and bought some groceries on the way home and I still did not find canned pumpkin (long story) but I did buy some mandarin oranges to eat because they are delicious. And now Rosi's got a friend over and I'm chilling with a glass of Prosecco and thinking about working on this whole college app thing, but I don't really want to.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sleeping in... sweet.
also, the EMAS!! green day won 2 things.. best rock and albulm. yeay!^^Mary

Kari said...

I'm not allowed to be happy about Green Day winning things (long story), but I am excited for James Blunt! But who came up with the idea of Rammstein as best German band? Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

You just now are reading Dorian Gray..... wasn't that an assignment last year???? What a slacker!

Kari said...

I'll have you know that I first read Dorian Gray in the eigth grade, and that I am now reading it in German, which is beyond difficult. And it was never part of any of my English curriculum, probably due to Chesterfield's fear of its potential negative influences on young minds.

Anonymous said...

Robbie williams was best male... my host mom is overjoyed.
I am excited. i can read the book we're reading for german°!!^^Mary

Anonymous said...

also, after rembering^^very slowly mind you^^ you still oweme a milka bar and 25 cents... or did the embarrassing karstadt incident cover it? I'm so confused. Da war veile Straße leute^^mein Beruf in mein Leben^^ dass ich glaube ich hat getleibt... dass ist nicht richtig, aber ich will mein Milka!:D wie gefällst dir?

Anonymous said...

^^in Köln^^ ich hat gemeint...

Kari said...

Stimmt! Ich muß dir unbedingt 'ne Milka geben! Wann machen wir das? Ich glaub' ich hab dir die 25 cent schon in Karstadt gegeben. . . weißt du, ich war gestern in Karstadt, und ich hab über dich gedacht. . . es war 'ne bißchen traurig, aber geht's schon.