Tuesday, November 22, 2005

One Day We May See A Woman King

Today, Angie officially became the Chancellor of Germany.

I went to school in the snow.

My free period involved poster-related excitement- we have all these great posters for the K12K13 party (kind of like Prom, minus dresses and plus free beer) that the Sparkasse had made for us, and there were couch-climbing adventures to hang them in the windows, and then Max came in and got all upset because we aren't allowed to hang the posters at school because they advertise free beer. We are, apparently, allowed to hand out the 5000 flyers that we have (and that also say "Freibeer"), and Noiby became very popular with some fifth graders because he was giving them out to EVERYONE. I have three at the moment- want one?

I saw the sun briefly in Sozi. Well, not literally, but I looked out the window and the gray sky was a much brighter gray than normal. It made me really excited, because I have not seen the sun in days. It is a good thing I do not depend on photosynthesis, because I would die.

There were bus-related mishaps on the way home, mostly because three buses in the morning somehow become only one bus in the afternoon, although there are apparently other buses that I just don't know about. Anyway, I ended up in a place whose name translates to Cowbrook, and you can imagine I was unhappy. Miri came to pick me up, but I still froze (it is so cold here).

I got the wrong train time written down somehow, so Anja and Nadja ended up an hour early at the train station because I got on the train an hour late. They killed time at the MiniMal and bought exotic fruit that was oddly delicious and reptilian.

I was on a train because I went to the Steger's (where I will be living as of tomorrow evening) to edit the church video (a familiar task). Of course, video cannot go easily, and Christoph had all his footage nicely imported and ready, and then my camera decided it did not like the computer or something. Computer reads camera, computer has camera's special software installed, but neither camera's program nor any other will read camera video information. Finally got DVD player to play movie, but could not edit the clips, which is what we need. Hours of Christoph and I trying to troubleshoot and Anja and Nadja being bored (playing Uno, drinking tea, eating cookies) and we finally gave up and edited Christoph's footage and are hoping someone will come up with a solution. Travis, how did you get the video off the camera before? In any case, we tied up poor Sebastian's computer all afternoon, but he had best get used to not using it much, because it seems that Christoph and I will be playing moviemakers for the next few weeks. Success is currently hard to forecast.

Fun trivia: My birthday is September 22. Christoph's is September 23. Anja's is September 24. I am precisely one day older than Christoph, which I will use to every advantage possible (I am certain there is some advantage in there somewhere).

I have decided that a house dominated by males has better vibes or something than one dominated by females. 3 of the 6 colleges I am applying to are all-girls, and a fourth just went co-ed a year or two ago. Maybe these are bad choices, but I will figure that out later.

Special Notes To People Who Are Awesome and May Or May Not Realize It:
ROSE: Rosi thinks you are like the sweetest person ever, and she is probably right. Thank you SO much for everything you've done- I keep saying it because I mean it! You ROCK and I need to bake you cookies or something, because cookies are one of my few talents.

Buster: I keep meaning to call you, but I have been all busy! You are so awesome, and I want to thank you publicly and also call you and talk because we haven't talked in a while and we should! I promise that life will slow down in a bit and you will get a magical surprise phone call from me.

1 comment: