Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I am Waitin' Til I Don't Know When

Today's song of the day is the Arcade Fire's Nieghborhood #4, aka 7 Kettles, and it even gets a lovely italicised quote, because I'm in that kind of mood.

It's not a lover I want no more,
and it's not heaven I'm pining for,
but there's some spirit I used to know,
that's been drowned out by the radio


So yesterday at school did not include fun anecdotes- sorry, guys. It was Michi's birthday and that meant delicious chocolate, and Sozi remains so much fun and tomorrow I get to do a mini-presentation on American political party organization, which basically doesn't exist, so it's going to be a really, really short presentation.

Today was a no-school day because it is Random Catholic Holiday, so I went to Augsburg on the train and I wanted to do a big photo diary, but it was rainy and that discouraged me from taking pictures on the streets of Augsburg. I did take a few pics, though, and I will share them with you!

That's me!

That's my house!

That's my watch! Better get to the train!

That's the bus stop!

That's the train station!

That's me in the H&M dressing room, being sexy!

That's the dressing room again- I bought that shirt and that jacket!

That's the train station in Augsburg, and that's my train!

Well, that was it for pictures- I'm really bad at taking them, obviously.

Otherwise, I am listening to my iPod's "Songs That Are Sad And Appropriate To The Weather" mix that it is making up all on its own from my apparently very mellow music collection. All I want to do is keep typing all the lyrics that in some random way apply to me, but I won't because that's not cool.

Yesterday had a song of the day, too, and I am only going to tell you that it was also depressing and that I picked it based entirely on the video the Trio made in 11th grade starring Zach that made all of us want to cry. Those of you who weren't in Blu's video class that year miss out, sorry.

My iPod has taken pity on my mood and is now playing a song about gummy bears.


This is Mary Raines, and she is the most awesome person, so she is getting specially mentioned in my blog. I do not know how I would make it through this year without Mary, and I am still bummed that she is now on the other side of the country from me, because it means I have to go to Karstadt alone when I want amazing candy, and buses aren't fun anymore. Mary Raines, you continue to amaze me and I love you dearly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored!

Anonymous said...

and I want that jacket! I don't think I'll buy another one until I see you again. so if I freeze my but off, it's your fault, ok?:D:D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures!

Love, Mom

Kari said...

ORRRRR

You could simply freeze so much that you have to come visit me and we have to go shopping together!

You should have been here today- H&M was totally having a coat sale (along with having every hot t-shirt ever on sale)

Anonymous said...

and I missed it! man. I am too slow..