Monday, November 28, 2005

I Give Up on Songs

Mainly because the iPod battery died today and I am too lazy to plug it in to charge. . . or rather I forgot to grab it before I got on this afternoon and I don't feel like getting it now and plugging it in and waiting forever, so I'll just be riding the train musicless for a bit.

Anyway, the snow is totally cleared off the sidewalks in Hochzoll (I've found out that I cannot pronounce this name to save my life, and I don't know why), making the walk to the Bahnhof rather nice, and of course meaning that the sidewalks of Aichach are a solid sheet of ice, making me late for school (again).
English today was some sort of listening comprehension from a British radio program about a suicide bomber consisting mainly of interviews with people with thick Yorkshire accents so that I, the native speaker, had trouble understanding, and my poor classmates barely had a chance. As some sort of karma towards my teacher, he had the embarassment of having his laptop screensaver come on with very loud rock music in the middle of an otherwise serious lecture while some important people were observing our class. It was pretty funny.
German included a good deal of freezing because Herr Friedl decided he should open every window of the classroom (it was maybe 1 outside- maybe) to let in "fresh air." When we told him we were freezing, he said "better frozen than suffocated." I'm not sure I agree, but Germans put a strange emphasis on "fresh air" anyway.
In general, I was rather disappointed that the sun did not come out today- weekend is over, back to gray gray yuck.
My free period included the fun of watching a classmate try to get comfortable to sleep on the couch. When another noted that he didn't have enough space, he replied "It's more space than in Zimmy's bed Saturday- there were three of us then," which is rather entertaining out of context (I know the context and will not tell you).
The lunch break included Viktor and Niko working out every possible way to win at Tic-Tac-Toe, and then half-jokingly planning to do a Facharbeit (think thesis but in the 12th grade) on it.
And Biology is one of my favorite classes because I actually know what is going on, and the teacher loves to randomly call on me to answer questions because I totally know the answers. I always like genetics, and I am going to beast this exam on Friday, provided the German language doesn't kill me. Bio also had some gross slides of genetic disorders and other slides of charts that our teacher had to try about 5 times to get facing the right way, which was pretty funny.

I have submitted my first college application (last years notwithstanding)- this one to Hampshire! I have also used an electronic check for the first time, which makes me feel sort of grown-up and cool. Anyway, cross your fingers or press your thumbs or do whatever your culture does for luck because I really want this one!

Computer update (because you care so much): We've (this means Christoph) determined the monitor works, but the computer somehow died in the process of being unplugged at Anja's, put in a box, driven here, sitting in my room for 24 hours, and being set back up. Your guess is as good as mine, and probably as good as a lot of other people's, people who know more than me.

And I edited yesterday's post because I was tired (or was it under the influence of alcohol?) last night and forgot things, so go back and read for the full (well, closer to full) story!

BEGIN LIFE PHASE HOCHZOLL

No comments: