Friday, March 31, 2006

Eso Espero

You know what's annoying? Earworms in languages you don't understand. Right now, I have a song in an unknown African tongue.

Spring has sprung, guys. I am excited. I slept in until 8, and I went to school and Bio was funny because Herr Wittmeier would ask a question, and go through the whole class, and not a single one of us knew it, and he'd get so frustrated. He explained how to make alcohol to us for a while. I am scared because there is a small test on Monday and I don't understand this stuff very well because it is organic chemistry- do any of you have a decent grasp of the subject and want to help me study?
We really wanted to have math class outside, but Frau Mannhart said no. It reminded me of Frau Velle's class, except with numbers.
In German, Herr Friedl was in some sort of really terrible mood, and it was so hilarious. He was constantly saying the grumpy sort of things that old men say, and we all giggled and giggled. He asked "should next week's test just be 'write whatever you want and I'll grade it? A nice little story about Panama?'" I'm also really proud that I can read his handwriting when he writes on the board now, because dude has some crazy bad handwriting.

I have to play guitar in church on Sunday, and Piff has to play drums, and he brought some guitar back for me when he dropped his drums off, and it turns out that guitar is the easiest instrument ever. I mean, I haven't touched the thing in two weeks, and I can still play this song as if I've been doing it forever. I am most disappointed that there's no work involved.

I'm going to Nurenberg tomorrow, the boys are going snowboarding, my host parents are out somewhere, so there will be no one home to take your calls. Assuming you have a random need to call my house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:p
soy Mary

Anonymous said...

you are lousy with updates. where were you today?

Kari said...

I have SCHOOL, Mary.

When will you learn that I do not, and have never, get home until 6 on Wednesdays? Other people in my life manage to remember this.

Anonymous said...

Please be nice to Mary!!!!!! This is not the way I brought you up - to talk so mean to your friends!!!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks, Mrs. collins!!!
I know she loves me though. and note, i posted my first comment MONDAY not wednesday. so eh. :p

Kari said...

On Wednesday, you said "where were you today," Mary.

People don't say today when they mean two days ago.