Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ghosts Appear and Fade Away

Yesterday was a really really great day. I started it off with an e-mail from the right person, and I got to pet a kitten when I was walking to the train, and I saw some duckies when I was walking to school. I found out that there are some things people in my Reli class don't know immediately: the Prodigal Son, the Lord's Prayer. I found out that I don't know the German words for these things immediately, so it makes it hard to show off my knowledge. I swear to you, we are doing organic chem in Bio, and it makes me sad. I don't like Chemistry. Just 4 people again in history. I painted a gray gray painting in art (because I was too lazy to get paint that was neither black nor white) and called it Buenos Aires. I am entertained in German when Herr Friedl gets all specific about the way people read lines when we read dramas, and then they don't do it right anyway. I am practicing drawing on my calculator. I giggle when the Germans talk about superstores and having selection. When I go into a Wal-Mart again, it is going to be culture shock.

My mommy got a letter that said Swarthmore wait-listed me, so that is it on college news. My Wellesley financial aid packet came today, and it is incredibly attractive. I can only hope Hampshire will propose something equally pretty, or I am going to be going to Wellesley.

Today, in Sozi, Herr Lang said "Germany had 2 dictatorships in 40 or 50 years, but the 2nd one wasn't our fault." I got a free Leberkässemmel in my free period. It was delicious. I also had Leberkäs for dinner. It should be noted that Leberkäs is neither liver nor cheese. In history, Strobel determined that Patrick was a better person to copy notes from when you've been absent, and Jakob determined it would be great to copy from Patrick tomorrow, when there is the Schulaufgabe.

Schulaufgabe means I get to sleep in. I like that.

2 comments:

KC said...

yeaaah a lot of people here don't know the lord's prayer either. or, they know it and refuse to acknowledge it, but it's so beautiful!

oh, and we read one of the gnostic gospels for hum (the gospel of thomas). . . talk about weird!

Kari said...

Should I also note that these people have had (christian) religion class since, um, their whole school career?


Yeah.