Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sail the Seven Seas

The melting snow plus two days of rain meant the fields were lakes yesterday. It made me super-cheerful, becuase I am convinced spring is coming. The fact that the weather man is predicting temperatures as low as -10 in the coming days does not deter me.

I am still excited about Brit History in my history class- we are talking about John Locke, whom I love, and all the words for things are in English, so I know them. The fact that we only barely mentioned the Revolutionary War made me feel sort of weird, though- I mean, we were discussing important wars for England in the 18th century, and did not say the Revolutionary, not once. It got dropped in as an afterthought after noting that Britain was becoming the main colonial power, since they'd lost some of their colonies.

I'm getting tired of being asked how to pronounce names in my English class. I do not know this random hick from Steelville! How should I know how he pronounces his name?

I learned that plants breathe in biology. Breathe oxygen like you and me. I didn't know this because nobody ever bothered to tell me. I like knowing this now.

I feel halfway guilty for spending math class seeking a Dino Puzzle high score, but only halfway.

Poncho status: half done. So so pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ho neighbor. um.... the rhine is flooded. its soo cool.

Anonymous said...

you love updating, i know!