Sunday, March 05, 2006

Tunnels



If the snow buries my,
My neighborhood
And if my parents are crying then I'll dig a tunnel,
Yeah, a tunnel, from my window to yours.
You climb out the chimney and meet me in the middle,
The middle of town.
And since there's no one else around,
We let our hair grow long
And forget all we used to know,
Then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.
You change all the lead sleepin' in my head,
As the day grows dim I hear you sing a golden hymn

Then we tried to name our babies,
But we forgot all the names that,
The names we used to know
But sometimes,
We remember our bedrooms,
And our parents' bedrooms,
And the bedrooms of our friends.
Then we think of our parents,
Well what ever happened to them?!
You change all the lead sleepin' in my head to gold,
As the day grows dim,
I hear you sing a golden hymn,
The song I've been trying to say


(more pictures of the blizzard at Butterfly Paper

Yep. "Bayern Versinkt in Schnee" to quote the news. So much so that we had no hope of getting to church this morning (cause there is no way that car is coming out of the garage). So much so that they're cancelling school tomorrow, in a roundabout way. See, Piff's school is cancelled. And in our logic, if Piff cannot get around the corner to his school, there is no way I am going to get to the train station and all the way through Aichach to my school. Even if my school is technically open.

Be jealous. I mean, I just had last week off, and now we're extending that. It's supposed to keep snowing through Wednesday, at which point it should switch to rain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

survive!

Kari said...

I wish I could take credit for those lines, but they are 100% by one or more members of the Arcade Fire, and not by me. They fall among my favorite musical stories, though.

<3

Anonymous said...

hey... if i ask for chocolate... do i get some?