Friday, March 03, 2006

Cowboys

Ferien makes me lackadaisacal and I don't get things done. Sorry about the disruption in blogging.

Anyway, it's been snowing all week. I wanted to go shopping Wednesday, but the snow made me wimpy, and I stayed home instead. Piff and I made a very large Reeses cup using some box mix that my mom sent me months ago and I found on Wednesday. It was delicious. We ate it while watching Germany lose to Italy in their first pre-WM game or something- I am unclear on how it relates to the World Cup, but it does, and it proves that Germany's got some huge issues if they don't want to be terribly embarrassed in something less than 100 days. I mean, Italy got 2 goals in the first 7 minutes, and ended 4-1. Pretty embarassing.

But enough sports talk. Thursday, I got excited about buying music at iTunes, and picked up Stew's Guest Host for just $4.49, which is a deal. It is good music! I also bought a little Johnny Cash and I discovered Willie Nelson's new song "Cowboys are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other." It is everything the title promises and more. It is the most amazing thing my ears have heard since Nickel Creek doing "Toxic," and it is my Original Song of the Year (Toxic being Cover of the Year). It is only available at iTunes, but Willie's hanging onto it for his next album, and I require you to own this song about cowboys and ladies and boots and manly men.

I went shopping yesterday, too, and discovered the cutest skirt at H&M for only €10, and stripey tights and stripey knee socks and I still really love H&M.

Lent started on Wednesday! Did you remember? No more Milkas or Ritter Sports or Kinder chocolates for me until Easter. . . I'm not cutting out chocolates entirely, just the ones in bar or egg form. Or hippo, in the case of certain Kinder treats.
This does not mean you cannot have any! My offer of chocolate to anyone who e-mails and requests it still stands. Billy, I need to throw some Milkas together for you sometime this week.


Piff bought a new handy, so I've stolen his old one. If you want the number, drop me a line in the usual ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have it!