Monday, March 20, 2006

Schon Leuchtet ein Stern- Yea, I See the Light

Happy Spring, Readers!
It hit temperatures as high as 13° here today, and I celebrated by walking home without a coat. It was heavenly. Too bad Aichach totally stank like farm, making having the windows open very unpleasant (at school).

Have I told you about the scooter lady? The scooter lady is this little old lady on my train, and she has a little razor scooter, the kind 8-year-olds have. Every morning, she gets off the train and gets on her little scooter and goes to the phone booth and makes a phone call. Adam made up the most beautiful story about her, and now she just breaks my heart every morning. Oh, scooter lady.

English was interesting for once, but I am sick of hearing Germans tell me about the West. I am becoming more and more attached to the East Coast the more I hear about whoever's trip to the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountain National Park and southern California- seriously, is there nothing else in the US? I would hate everything west of the Mississippi if Kacey wouldn't kill me, so I shall leave the Pacific Northwest out, because I hear it's nice. But I am ready to disown the rest of it, man.
I also got to spend half of English half-cheating with Tinta on the reading assignment- some crazy National Geographic article on public use of federal land, and I'm the only one in the class who got it (basically) and people are pretty jealous that Tinta sits by me and they don't. Sorry, guys!

We did an experiment in Bio today, involving mashing up lettuce with acetone for some highly scientific purpose. I used a mortar and pestel! I didn't know such things still existed!

Like I said, my walk home was wonderful, and I was actually glad that Babsi couldn't drive me to the train today because the weather was that nice.



This terribly attractive picture of me and Piff is from Friday at the concert, where some dude wandered around and took pictures of everyone. I found his card in my pocket today. You can check out www.cityreporter.de to find more pictures and feel like you were there (in case you're incompetent or don't know German, try under "partyshots" and "aktuelle Woche" and "Kantine 17.03.06 Bolzplatzheroes")

BEGIN LIFE PHASE SPRINGTIME

1 comment:

KC said...

hahah it's funny you say what you say about the east coast. i find that, even here, on the west coast, east coasters bond with each other. we all love the west coast and love portland and all it has to offer, but SO MANY of us are planning on heading back that way for grad school or just living.


east coast fo' life. but yes, if you have to go west of the mississippi river, the pacific northwest is the only place worth going.