Wednesday, December 07, 2005

So Apparently We're on the Rain Side of the Line

At least it held off until I got home from school, so that only the bottom 10 cm or so of my pants are soaked (from puddles), not all of me.

Eva and I went out to the Ausländeramt nice and early this morning because I had a 7 am appointment to get myself regsitered with the city of Augsburg- it took like 10 minutes, but apparently requires an appointment, and meant I wasn't quite so early to school (no first period on Wednesdays anyway).
Today was the day of teachers being late to class, starting with my Reli teacher. Reli is still really good at being vaguely interesting but still putting my to sleep. I got asked about last class's lesson in Bio (this is a major part of German grades) and I did relatively well, so I am all proud of myself. I like that Bio is easy!
Fourth period free because there was no history today. . . some other history class was free, too, so there were tons of people and I spent most of the time watching Chubie, Noiby, and Zimmy fight over one chair to put their feet on because they were all too lazy to go get another. Chubie ended up kicking the chair across the room, so Zimmy got another and tried to keep it to himself (the original chair having been Noiby and Chubie's anyway), but of course this did not work. It was one of those physical comedy things where you had to see it to find it funny.
Fifth and sixth period art, and the teacher continues to compliment my work and I continue to find it mediocre. We are finally done drawing folds in cloth with chalk, though, which is good, because I was reaching my limit.
Lunch: went to the little cafe-convenience store place with Gellie and Noiby and got some chicken legs. I'm not a chicken skin fan, but Noiby is, so he ate my skin, and then I gave him the second piece, which he decided to share with Jakob, but Jakob didn't want to share and simply ate the whole thing. I did a really bad job relating that story. It was funnier in person, with actual chicken skin.
Noiby was also reading (in between stealing Gellie's geography book and being fascinated by it even though she needed it to study for geography) some article about the people making tape out of the stuff on Gecko feet, which I've known about forever, and I amazed everyone with my knowledge of the process. I then went on to try to explain the concept of National Geographic to Noiby, who thought it was some sort of class at school.
Gellie lost her pencil case about a week ago and is still looking desperately for it. This is pretty funny because it is apparently decorated with a picture of Tupac and she has to tell everyone this when she asks them if they've seen her pencil case.
So the excitement of lunch got me all awake, and German put me promptly back to sleep. Sorry, Friedl, but you were boring today.
Guess what we did in math! A WORD PROBLEM! I was so excited that I worked ahead of the class, because I also knew what we were supposed to be doing. It was totally easy math, too, so I felt all smart!
English consisted of the start of a class effort to translate some article about the Church's decline in Europe or something. You know how awesome I am at translations (that would be very, very bad), but at least I got to read the whole thing in my CNN voice.
8 people were missing from Chemie, but we couldn't convince Frau Collin to let us go home early to study for tomorrow's Sozi test. Even Chubie wasn't saying entertaining things (granted, Petzi, Pocher, and Viktor were all Elsewhere, meaning he had no one to bounce his entertaining things off of), such was our wish to finish and go home. Frau Collin did manage to let us out something like 7 minutes early, and I got to the train station in record time, only to have to wait 20 minutes for the train anyway.
Wednesday's schedule is the worst ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to comment on this again. Why? Cause I know all those teachers. Friedl and Collin, it's funny you just talked about them.
My comment on Friedl: We once had to watch a boring film, called "Death in Venice". Very boring. Friedl went out of the classroom and in this time we managed to change his remote control of the video-recorder with a pocket calculator. He really tried to stop the video with the calculator while we fast-forwarded the film.
And Collin: Does she still ask the whole classroom if her red lipstick is on her teeth? Does she still wear those absolutely annoying silver and golden slippers? Does she still tell everyone, that her husband is a well known expert for elephants (please ask her for showing the film with her and the elephants in india (i think it was there)). Have fun at DHG, i had it 10 years ago. Some month ago Hecht showed us the DHG, because we had our 10th anniversary.

KC said...

i uh, i know how rain goes.
we kinda resign ourselves to becoming soaking wet if it starts raining and we're unprepared.

on a good note, though, i have a pink raincoat, pink rainboots, and a black umbrella (i know, i broke tradition, but ya know).

it's sorta fun to get bundled up for rain, but not so much fun when you have to get bundled up for rain AND cold, as i'm sure you know far too well!