Monday, December 05, 2005

Monday

Absolute worst-planned schedule ever today: go to school, have 4 periods, have 2 free periods because there was no Reli, have lunch Pause, have 1 period of class. So that means I had nearly 3 hours of free time in the middle of my day and didn't get home until almost 4. It was seriously annoying.

My school has finally been hit by at least one of the apparent thousands of Australians that migrate to Germany as exchange students every winter (leaving their amazing summer, mind you)! She is going to be chilling in my English LK every Monday for the next 8 weeks, and it's exciting because hey! Australian!

Strage English Teacher Sayings of the Day:
"Does that mean you are no longer allowed to hate them [other religions]? I mean, if you want to. You don't have to hate them."
"A fully-thinking individual doesn't necessarily mean a fully-smoking individual." (not even going to try to explain this one)

And my super-long free time was super-boring in spite of the many people also hanging around. I mean, there was the short-lived fun of Maria in a pink bunny costume, and Viktor's story about the group of squirrels who attacked and ate a dog in Russia, but otherwise it was just long. Döner became involved around lunchtime, though, and I was pretty upset that I left my money at home and didn't get to enjoy the goodness. I had food and all, so it's not like I was starving, but Döner! I wanted to work the phrase "null bling" into that Döner story, but I have failed you. Sorry.

My fingers have been really cold recently, which is strange because the rest of me is usually warm due to smart bundling. I can't, however, walk around with gloves on all the time, because that would be weird. I mean, I wear gloves outside, but we are talking about the inside of buildings. The only thing I have found is that my iPod produces a rather comfortable heat when it is on and I clench it in my fist, so the inside of a few of my fingers get warm. Otherwise, they are cold and it makes me feel cold all over. Ideas? (Sitting on fingers or otherwise trying to use personal body heat only results in rest of body becoming cold like fingers)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could do the dishes - keeping your hands in hot water will keep your fingers warm!!!

Kari said...

Have you ever heard of one of these awesome machines called a dishwasher, or don't they exist your way yet?