Saturday, December 10, 2005

Not Down with the Google Empire?

Well, that's a shame, because I personally love Google and all of its colonies.

But I have good friends who are Xanga fans, others who prefer LiveJournal, and I understand. Different people, different tastes.

Maybe you're a Yahoo fan. Maybe you like to make lists of your friends on the internet for other people to see. If both of these apply to you (they apply to my buddy James), you can now add me to your list of electronic friends. You can find the page at http://360.yahoo.com/augsburg_utahraptor - it is pretty blank because this is my blog, but it works if you are into that sort of thing!

Me yesterday: Hey! I can send these gmail invites to just about everyone, and then I will feel like a better person because I only have 57 instead of 100!

Me today: I have 102 gmail invites. I guess that idea of your love getting bigger the more you give it away is true, except it's about gmail invites.

Moral of the story: anyone want gmail?

(The remainder of this post is the modular, disconnected collection of my thoughts at various times throughout the day. In a better organized world, each would be its own post. I don't like posting more than once a day, though.)

Scary, I-am-turning-into-a-German moment of the day:
I walked into my room and thought "I could use some fresh air in here." Now, I have never had such a thought before in my life, but there it was. And you know what I did? I opened a window. It is about 1 degree outside, and my room's the coldest in the house, but I am letting all my carefully stored-up heat fly right out the window, all for "fresh air."
I am wearing two pairs of socks and wish I had some gloves. I am tempted to put another sweater on. The air is super-fresh.

In other news, my cd drive is randomly dead and Phillip is out buying Christmas presents with Anja (which I also need to do but am not) and Travis is probably not awake yet, or awake and busy playing Civ4 or who knows what. I clearly need more trouble-shooting-enabled people. (Basti and Piff not being much use, either, as they will more than likely go through the steps I've already gone through and then declare it "dead.")

And then, just to prove that Google is probably the best ever, they launch Google Transit. A whole fancy website just for helping people plan their public transportation routes, which is about the most useful thing ever! I got really excited until I saw that it only applies to Portland, Oregon at the moment. So Kacey Deane gets all the fun technology for the transport she never uses, and I still have to go to great efforts to try to get train and streetcar and bus and whatever schedules so I can get places. Life is very unfair sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do the same window thing. it's freezing, but at least the lungs are clean!

KC said...

that google thing is really amazing. i put in my address and PDX and it told me how i could get to the airport by bus. so much for trimet.com!

okay, that's a lie, i'll still use both, but i love google so much!

Kari said...

You will not believe how long I spent playing with this thing- I am jealous in ways you cannot begin to understand. I am so tempted to figure out how I can come visit you just so I can look up complex public transportation plans and then put them into use.

I mean, maps, satellite images, walking times, driving v. riding costs! This are the things I need in my day-to-day life!