Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Whole Weekend In One Post

Yes, such a bargain!

Actually, it wasn't that exciting of a weekend. Saturday was spent being lazy, just me and Piff at home. . . Saturday night was Taco Night, made by me with Piff's assistance ("Piff, where's the cheese grater?" "Piff, can you make the [gas] stove turn on?" "Piff, don't you want to cut this lettuce up?") and it was Delicious. Introducing Germans to the joy of the Taco was great fun, let me tell you.

Today. . . I slept far too deeply to be awoken by my host mom's knocking on the wall/ceiling under my head (my bed being built-in over the stairs. . . it makes sense if you see it), so I missed church, but I watched a tv special about Jesus tonight (I learned that Jesus went to India when he was 14 and became a Buddhist and then went back to Israel, where he survived the crucifixion via ascetic yoga practices. Two days later, he awoke from his coma and left the tomb, after which he traveled back to India, where he is still buried (I guess he died later?)), which probably does not make up for it. I also ended up heading into Munich spur-of-the-moment with the host 'rents and a couple from church to check out a Carl Larsson exhibit- we've got two big Larsson posters in the hallway downstairs, and he is pretty cool and all about Swedish children. It was a pleasant exhibit! His art doesn't set out to turn the world on its ear, just to show his happy (and huge- 8 kids!) family and their idyllic home and also Sweden. Lots of silly Swedish hairstyles and clothing, turn-of-the-last-century style!

Just one day of school this week. . . and then Kööööööööööln! (Köln is prettier than München.)

END OF LIFE PHASE HOCHZOLL

No comments: