Thursday, January 19, 2006

Breaking a Personal Rule

And blogging twice in one day, because I don't feel like editing my previous post.

Yes, I got to school. Yes, I am feeling much better- 24 hour bug beaten back by my brilliant (b)immune system.

Sozi was fascinating but you don't care. English was frustrating, and I am gathering native speakers on my side to prove that the word "disinterested" does not belong in the following sentence at all:
For months now, Peter has been working disinterestedly in the woods together with a few industrious workers.
The Official Translation of said word was "selbtslos," which I have yet to reconcile with any known meaning of the word. (selbstlos being German for selfless)

Free period included Lexi finding a twin, discussion of a guitar distortion pedal, the decision that international relations is a fun thing to study because having a girlfriend in Italy would be pretty cool, and the sentence "Hitler war voll Scheiße."
History was uneventful but for this exchange:
Stoiber: Just a sec, I'm still chewing.
Herr Schäfer: I can see that.
Jakob: Matter of fact, we can see what you're chewing.

I got a box of chocolate chips from my mommy and Piff was disappointed that the cookies have to be baked first, because I guess he wanted some cookies today.

I am working on something secret and it is not going as well as I had hoped. I hope the other part works better, because I am kind of confused right now.

Wells has given me a $20,000 scholarship (that is $5,000 per year) because they think I am awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hitler WAR voll Scheiße. :D denke ich auch.

KC said...

hahah i think there are days when i blog over 3 times. i feel guilty when i do it, but i tell myself that i type faster than i write and i'm more likely to update my blog than my journal and there are lots of things i want to remember, so why not just blog them?

Kari said...

But there's an edit button.

I could edit and put it all in one.

Topical relation is völlig egal.