Monday, January 02, 2006

Do You Think I'm Awesome?

And are you also able to put together a well-formatted, candid paragraph or two expressing this idea?
And do you fall under the category of my parent or peer (this means you are not my teacher)?
And do you really, really want to tell Mt Holyoke how awesome I am and you have some free time in the next two weeks to do this?

See, I'm way behind on my Mt Holyoke app due to holiday fun and laziness (more of the second one, but don't put that in the essay), and I am only just now noticing the 100% optional parent/peer evaluation. And I figure, yes it is optional, but maybe someone wants to do it anyway? I should ask them! So if you're interested (once again, totally not required and I will not be at all offended if you say "extra work? no way!" because I would probably say that), hit that little button down there that says comments and let me know! You could also send me an e-mail (oneseventy at gmail dot com, as usual) if you don't want other people to know that you read this blog, which is perfectly understandable. If there is a giant deluge of offers (which is the last thing I expect), then there might be some sort of test of strength and wit to determine who to pick.

Then, to make myself feel more productive, I decided it was really silly to be sitting on copies of the Common App that I finished a month ago, so I went ahead and sent it to my final two colleges. . . and I'm totally done with Sweet Briar's supplement a month early, to make up for waiting until now to finish Mt Holyoke's. I tell myself this makes me a good person (I get to check things off on my Google To Do list!)

What? Did I do things today? I watched a Nightmare Before Christmas. Auf Deutsch. Sorry. It is 2 January. I am not yet able to face the world. Perhaps tomorrow.
I also worked on planning the trip to Mallorca for the end of April. I am going to Mallorca and you are not! (well, unless you are Casey, Emily, or Mary, in which case you are)

Why didn't anyone tell me about the World Beard Championships? In Berlin! Granted, I was in Italy on 1 Oct, but Berlin for this would have been a better use of my time. Why do I always find these things out too late? (Mary, what is the likelihood that we can crash with your Brighton buddies in 2007 for the next competition? Beards are important!)

No comments: