Friday, January 20, 2006

Blimps Go 90

Woke up a touch on the late side this morning, so it is a good thing Basti is a good brother and drove me to the train station, or I would have missed the train AGAIN.

I dealt with the disinterested issue in English, and it was anticlimatic. Adam said "It's like that episode where there's a bully and he's all mean and stuff and everybody hates him and they try to pull some kind of prank on him but when they are about to, they find that the bully lives in a shack and his parents are abusive and they feel bad for him and they hug him and in the next chapter he's still the bad bully so what's up with causality, people?!" which proves why I should marry him.

Biology Moment of the Day:
Herr Wittmeier: This window doesn't open at all anymore. That one opens, but the handle is starting to fall off. That handle's completely gone. Obviously, this was not part of the tour the Chinese exchange students got. (background: we had random Chinese exchange students for like two days, due to some future connection to some Chinese school)

Math Moments of the Day:
Teacher: Says who? (asking about something Tassilo insisted on)
Tassilo: Uh, the German Mathematics Commission. . . yea.
Teacher: And you get an e-mail from them every day, so you know, right?

Someone: Did you know that rabbits reproduce at the rate of e?
Sometwo: Really? I always thought it was Fibonacci's number.

David: Why is the right limit written on the left side and the left limit on the right side? That's confusing.

Slow night around here. . . Piff disappeared this afternoon claiming something about "challenges" and said he'd be home late. . . host 'rents went out. . . Philipp hasn't shown up yet, so it's just me up here and the lovebirds (Basti and Steffi) downstairs. . . Secret Project Status: I can't count. Yesterday's problem is totally taken care of, part 1 is done, part 2 is started. People may catch me finishing part 2 in Köln.

Tomorrow is taco day! I may end up baking cookies, too. Some of them may make it to Köln (depends on how quickly the bros eat them)!

Wish you could visit me, but worried you'll get ripped off on plane tickets? Google Desktop cares. And they have the perfect solution. (Google Desktop itself is keeping me so much more organized these days.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what episode was that guy referring to? and Im assuming that is a recitation of the boy, correct? not a translation? :D

Kari said...

Mary, have you never watched cartoons or other childrens' school-based television?

Every show ever has had this episode.

And I quoted Adam directly. It is the least I can do after I broke his heart.

Blair said...

Bonnie is going to be here around 10 so I'm going to be meeting her in the city and hanging out for a while so we can really meet where ever. Quarter to one sounds good to me. We can just congregate in the train station around that time. I'll be talking to the others but as of now that's the plan. See you soon!