Thursday, October 20, 2005

Your One Desire

In honor of their current German tour, the Backstreet Boys get today's song of the day (having won a tough fight) with "I Want it That Way."

School: got there early because Rosi had a hair appointment and chilled in the K12 room with the newspaper and the iPod and the few other stragglers with free periods and nowhere better to go. Berni was late, so I went to Geography with Steffi (who also lives in Obergriesbach), only to discover that I missed Sozi, where they discussed American elections and were very upset that I wasn't there. Norby spent a good portion of the Pause begging me to never miss another Sozi lesson. Then it was English, where they're discussing gated commmunities, and it's pretty interesting, although they're working entirely from one New York Times article with a negative and incomplete picture- I get to set the record straight tomorrow. Then math, where we discussed vectors and I maybe understood a lot more, although I still don't know what a vector is or why we want to do math with them, or how exactly we do math with something that's just a letter and a line- I thought that numbers were sort of necessary, but maybe not. Then it was Latin, which is really boring for me and I am not going to it tomorrow. And that was it for school today- the others had Sport later, but I decided to simply go home instead of trying to find lunch and/or worry about being back at school at whatever time Sport is. I discussed the whole schedule thing with Berni and Steffi and Norby and some other people and we bascially have my whole schedule planned, although we aren't sure if I want Art or History as my other LK (I'm leaning toward history)- now if I could just figure out who's in charge of giving me an official schedule, although I'll probably get myself into the necessary classes all by myself before the official thing works out. There's not a ton of choice- two LKs (English and History or Art), German, a choice of Sozi, Geography, or Econ (definitely Sozi), a choice of Biology, Chemistry, or Physics (I need two of them, and I know I can't do Physics, so that's an easy enough decision), a choice of Art or Music (already made- art), Religion, and Sport give me 30 hours. So now I'll work on figuring out who I follow into those classes and when, and I'll be set.
There was a minor crisis after school- my handy refused to turn on for reasons still unknown, so I couldn't call Rosi to tell her I was done. I made my way into the office and the secretary, after calling the other secretary, managed to find Rosi's number (good thing the school had it, since I don't know it and it is saved in my non-working phone) and I got in touch with her, but there were a few moments of panic. All worked out, and we had to go get the winter tires for the car in case we wake up with snow on the ground and then we stopped by the store for dinner fixings and pastries, which made our late lunch. Then I pulled out all my pictures and huge books of signatures and memories and we spent hours going through them looking at everything and I remembered how much I love you guys and how much I miss you (I like the German expression better- Ihr fehlt mich- it literally means that you are missing from me, that I'm incomplete without you). I need to get some of those pictures hanging on the wall. Send me e-mails and leave me comments- you've all gotten pretty bad at that, and I need to know what is going on with you as much as you want to know all of the mundane details of my life.
We're making steaks and potato skins tonight. Maybe not healthy, but I promise that I am drinking my orange juice and Rosi keeps telling me that I need to eat more fruit. . . but homemade potato skins! We even found cheddar cheese, although it is white cheddar and comes from Ireland, so it will probably not be quite the same.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like a complete horrid friend.... I stopped reading when I knew you were ok.... so sorry!
I have a hangout room!! they didn't in uckendorf?
I journeyed to experiment today, saw maya and conny... they are sooo nice.....and good to see after i got lost....
but it's so cool that you get to make up your schedule... i don't like the method to which I was assigned. hugs and schoko!

Anonymous said...

Pictures - are they going to be a possibility now? We've been waiting a long time to see your new look. Life here in Virginia is kind of dull - all the pumpkins haven't sold yet so that's where I spent Tuesday evening and Wednesday afternoon. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I guess it isn't going to be possible to continue studying Italian?