Monday, October 17, 2005

They Put a Man on the Moon

REM wins the song of the day, thanks to my new favorite radio station, Antennae Bayern. It probably has a better mix than just about any other station ever, and Lionel Ritchie even told me today, via the radio, that Antennae Bayern is "the loveliest radio station in the whole world." The man knows what he's talking about.

Hmm. . . yesterday was Sunday, right? Norbert left around 11, meaning we are now without men in the house- no worries that we'll get stuck watching Fußball when there are good movies on tv. Went over to Petra's for coffee and cake and a walk that included two adorable kittens randomly deciding to follow us down two streets until Petra finally tossed them over a fence so they wouldn't follow us all the way home. Aren't kittens the best? And after the walk, Petra's son Markus showed up and decided that Rosi and I simply must stay for dinner, so we did. And dinner meant yummy goulash (the Germans make some good goulash, I must say) and so much Bayrisch that I simply don't understand, but I will learn this strange new language, I promise. And we came home much later than planned to watch tv (Erin Brokovich) and eat ice cream and relax because that is what Sunday evenings are for. And this morning, a nice lazy breakfast (German food, also delicious- I am going to miss me some Nutella after this year) and headed up to the school at 9:30 to meet with the principal- he was super-nice and seemed really interested in my whole experience this year and he immediately found another student, Bernadette, to show my around and answer my questions and the like. She seems really awesome and I'm going to meet up with her tomorrow and sort of observe some of her classes until I decide what I'm going to do- the principal thinks we'll mix some 11th and 12th grade classes for me, which is probably a good idea. We finished up at school and went to see about getting me registered with the city, which was totally easy and did not involve some giant 15 page questionnaire like in Niederkassel. And then we went to Aldi and got some pizza and some salad fixings and came home and made lunch and now I'm just chilling and reading the paper and internetting. . . turns out that Germany, or at least Bavaria, decided that it didn't like the concept of e-mail yesterday, hence the spaz on my end. But everything's back to normal now, so your e-mails have been answered or read or whatever, and you may resume your normal sending habits.

No comments: