Wednesday, October 26, 2005

You Fill My Heart With Gladness

Song of the day: Rod Stewart, "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?" Of course, I have told you recently and often how much I love German radio, but I'm still dedicating this one to the music that continues to steal my heart.

After a night spent in fascinating conversation around the kitchen table, I slept in this morning and Gabi (Miri and Michi's mom) drove me to school since we still aren't letting Rosi drive (for those of you concerned about her, she is doing pretty well, but I have to stop making her laugh so much because it hurts). So class started at 9:30 with Physics (I've given up understanding this one), then it was History, where I had trouble paying attention but I promise I will be better, because I want to make it my other LK, and then a little Pause and then two periods of Art, where people seem to think that I have incredible talent, but I think it is mostly that I like chalk and we are doing easy things like shading folds in cloth. It's encouraging to hear Zimmy congenially complain about how the exchange students are always really awesome artists, though. I really really do like chalk, too- I will have to get me some for artistic moments. Went to Berni's with Noiby and Zimmy and Jakob for lunch and met Berni's mom and brother and had noodle-cooking related adventures and also adventures of trying to get back to school on time and getting stuck behind a very very very old woman on a bicycle (we were in a car) and we ended up a minute or two late for German but it was no big deal. German was very boring, but it will be better when I finally get myself a copy of this silly play and read it (Schiller's Maria Stuart- even German plays are about British people, proving that England is the only place worthy of drama). Math LK and I feel like I'm totally understanding what is going on, although at a slower pace than everyone else. I am more confident in my mathing abilities now, though. Then it was on to English, where we discussed British social classes and I had no expertise to add to the conversation, so I didn't.
I am going to church tonight with Miri!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

see,you are good at art! I hadit today also, but we're telling fairy tales through pics.
^^Mary

Anonymous said...

thanks for clarifying the mike situation. I know a lot!
^^me

Anonymous said...

also, how are there snowboarders in augsburg without snow?^^always pondering mary

Anonymous said...

Had a boston cream donut from wawa
this morning in your honor.
Have you been following the election for governor in Virgina?
Who should I vote for? The candidate whose last name starts with the letter K? Kane or Kilgore?

Kari said...

Fairy tales with pictures sound awesome. And Augsburg built a snowboarding slope and brought the snow in through the same fake means used at ski resorts that lack snow, or so I would suppose.

I've barely been following the Governor race, but I do know enough to tell you to pick Kaine, although it might be helpful for you to open a newspaper long enough to find out how to spell the candidates' names.