Saturday, October 29, 2005

Might as Well Jump. Jump!

Song of the day, thanks to Antennae Bayern's "Classic Rock Hit" Weekend, is Van Halen's "Jump," whose lyrics do not translate well to text at all.

"I promise you all the details you're used to sometime later tonight. . ." so that was sort of a lie, because it is now 10 the next morning- sorry about that.

So I stayed home from school to help Rosi with shopping and we bought all sorts of things, many of which I have never seen before (I have officially picked out and bought a leek, and man those things are huge) and then we came home and started making a Tiramisu Torte and I left part way through because I had to catch a train to go to Augsburg with Miri, where we hung out and shopped (yes, I spent more money at H&M) and ate Döner and then I had a Mary Raines experience at the streetcar stop on the way home (ask Mary about waiting for buses if you are clueless) and it was pretty awesome- Miri is a great person to shop with and I got some great shirts for going out and a purse for going out and a watch because I've been needing a watch for quite some time. And I rode the train home without trouble all by myself and the we made a quiche (I think it will be a very good quiche, and I cooked the bacon and vegetables, including leeks, for it- the fancy French cheese that we bought for our quiche was so amazing, too) and then we made dinner- ground pork patties that the Germans call Frikadellen and potatoes and some other vegetable that I've never heard of, but was delicious. After dinner, I spent too long doing my hair to go to a Hallowe'en party with Miri, then I went up to Miri's house to finish getting ready and we were very fashionably late, which I don't think is fashionable in Germany, but it was okay cause the party was actually pretty lame. I did remember that Bavarian beer is way stronger than Kölsch, which will always be my favorite beer. Mostly I sat around somebody's apartment with people I don't know (also many people that Miri didn't know either) and discovered that Germans are terrible at karaoke if they don't know English that well, because most every song is too fast for them to read and sing at the same time. And not terrible in the funny way- terrible in the sitting there sorta silently for a while until the chorus comes, and then singing the bits that you know but still singing really quietly. Apparently, Bavarian beer does not make them better at karaoke. So Miri and I were the first to leave the party because we were bored and kaputt and I came home and thought about blogging, but I was kaputt and so I peeled off my party clothes and fell asleep. And now there is cooking going on and I need a shower (although I feel really weird since I just showered yesterday and normally I only shower every other day here because more often is really just excessive)

Also, if you were planning a European vacation, I should warn you that my school breaks are all different now, so you may need to change some things. The new times are as follows:
-January 1-5
-February 27-March 3
-April 10-22
-June 6-17
Also, if you would rather fly into Munich than Frankfurt, that would make it far easier for me to pick you up, since Munich is right there, and Frankfurt is 3 and a half hours away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what moments are you refering to? staring into space watching people? I have had at least 10 this week. i hate waiting. ^^Mary

Anonymous said...

ok, so the only dates that we have in cordination is so sad.. June 15th through the 18. the 18 is a sunday.. maybe this won't work?^^Mary

Kari said...

I'm up for June- no big deal.

And reconsider older moments, Mary, moments we tend to giggle about in Mr Music. Moments that might have led to spending more time at Mr Music, had they turned out differently.

Anonymous said...

I need to contact em and casey also, but hopefully this will work!^^Mary