Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wahnsinn

I have so much to tell you, but I should really keep this short because free internet cafes only work if people don't spend hours in them. . .
I'm in Düsseldorf at the moment in the middle of a field with more tents than I have ever seen before in my life. There are people everywhere and so many languages- the people in front of me at the moment are speaking something that I think is African, and there are Italians all over the place, and Bero was right about the French (they are loud and obnoxious in large groups) and I've seen Aussies and Canadians and Brazilians and Greeks and lots of flags that I'm fairly certain are South American and lots more flags that I can't begin to recognize. I went up in the big television tower thing a few nights ago and I could see all of Düsselfdorf alight and I was something like 168 meters in the air and there were fireworks and it was gorgeous. I went to Cologne yesterday and there were people everywhere and I took pictures and on the unknown future day that I show them to you you will be amazed.
I can't begin to capture how crazy things are right now, and I need to wrap up because Iäm short on time.
I love you guys!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time - sure glad to have your blog to read again. We've missed it this week! I found a site that adds pictures from the happenings every day at Duesseldorf - I keep looking for you!! Have fun! Miss and love you! P.S. If you're lucky you should have your boots by the end of next week.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great
time what a wonderful experience
Keep us posted and take care
Love Grand mom and Grand Pop

Anonymous said...

wow you r soo lucky i wish i could c what it is like well it pretty quiet here have fun

love ya bunches and i miss u
nick

Anonymous said...

Just curious - with all those people in Duesseldorf, how long is the line for the bathroom??

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a blast over in Germany!! Keep posting, I feel like this is the only way I can stay in touch with you for awhile!! Muah!! God bless, Victoria (the crazy DYC girl)

Kari said...

There's not really ever a line for the bathroom, actually- there are plenty of them set up and people are always spread out across 3 or more cities doing all the millions of things there are to do here. Plus, I'm lucky enouch to be living in the Volunteer Camp, where there are only something like 500-600 people and we have our own (likely cleaner) facilities.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kari!!! I wasin Bonn yesterday and had a similar experience!! email me!

Kari said...

I haven't actually seen any of the tv coverage, although I've seen newspapers. . . it really is crazy, though, that I was there for this huge event. . . I had a blast!