Sunday, August 07, 2005

Casey got her Internet to work

So now I can maybe post more frequently- I don't have to go as far to ask for a computer.

Today was pretty quiet. We slept until noon (it's 6 am US time, so that sounds better, right?) and then Casey and Emily went to Istanbul for lunch and brought back some really delicious pizza that Mary and I finished off for them. Did you know that Casey and Emily are Methodists, too? It's weird that we ended up in the same room.
After lunch we had a talk about culture with Swantje that was fascinating- she kept using this metaphor of there being a big flood and the 55 or so of us being the only ones left and I really liked that idea for some reason- it's fun to imagine what we'd be like after 15 or 20 years living cut off from anyone else, just us (and the children that Swantje kept saying we'd have). There was a really nice element of cultural linguistics to our talk, too, which just makes me even more happy.
Other than that, I've pretty much just been knitting and reading and hanging out and I have to do a project on German media with Jenny and Jake and Lydia- we'll make a dvd, of course, to prove that we are way better than all the other groups. Roomies and I went for ice cream and now I am back here, on the computer. Nice slow relaxing day.

Oh! I forgot to tell you about the living statues that I fell in love with a little bit yesterday. They were really awesome, and reminded me of Chris Yates a lot. We decided that living statue is Mary's future career, provided we don't push her out the window so we can steal her stuff. I promise I love my roommates.

END LIFE PHASE RICHMOND-TÜBINGEN

No comments: