Saturday, July 30, 2005

Hilton DC

I've got about 15 minutes here at the hotel so I wanted to dash off a quick note to let you all know that I'm doing just fine and making new friends and everything is wonderful.

We had a pretty interesting tour of DC yesterday- we went to the German Embassy and then we visited our senators' offices (neither was available, but another group passed Hillary Clinton on the staircase) and then went to Freedom Park, which is pretty awesome and I'll try to upload the pictures I took later.

We went to dinner at some place whose name I forget and I had a pretty decent hamburger, while most everyone else near me had very mediocre chicken (which is what Frank gets for gloating that his food came first). We wandered around Old Town and found a pretty cool bookstore and were amazed by street performers and basically worked toward being good friends. In case you want to know the names of some of these new people in my life, there's Mary and Emily and Casey and Allyson and my roommate Lauren and Anna who I stayed up late talking to and Bevelyn who called my room 3 or 4 times last night and Carly whose name keeps getting mixed up with mine (Caroline's, too) and so many other awesome people.

I'm bonding really well with all the people here and I can't wait to get to Tübingen to hang out with them a whole lot more. I've got pages and pages and pages of paper-based journal around that I'll transcribe when I get some more time.

I haven't gotten any e-mails from any of you yet. What gives? Too busy mourning?

If you want e-mails from me you should probably join the mailing list down in the corner- for those of you who are already on it, I don't have time to send one out today, but I'll get it going once I get to D'Land.

This computer has a terrible mouse and it's almost 9 so I'd better wrap up.

Love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you Kari! I've been keeping your dad together - he's doing okay. Spent some time "mourning" in your room (I guess he was actually using the computer). Have a safe trip to Germany and have lots of fun. We're proud of you! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

Love, Mom