Friday, July 08, 2005

To Please Them

My mom's complaining that I don't update enough. (Don't I still live in her house? Whatever.) Anyway, I've been doing absolutely nothing of interest- well, there was some totally manic-depressive insomnia last night, but there's no way I want to type up anything relating to late night mood swings, especially when I'm more sane (like now). And I've been having vaguely interesting dreams, but they're also private.

Instead: I shall present a list of my favorite new "slogans" for DC, as stated by T-Rex, who has moved up to the top of the page. Maybe I will steal one of these for my own purposes! Maybe they will inspire you to read an internet comic about talking dinosaurs! Maybe not! Maybe you will at least giggle, and life will be a little bit better.
DINOSAUR COMICS
I will consider it a public service!
So dumb!
Yep, that sure would suck!
Summer has arrived woooo!
In which a point is effectively proven by analogy.
Phew, it was all a dream!

-
It rained last night, and it was really great rain. Somewhere in my manic depressive insomnia, that registered, and it only exemplified both moods. I love rain.
I'm also reading a lot of awesome stuff right now- I just finished the Color Purple, and I loved that book in ways I have no right to love a book. Then there's Bernard, who's being ignored in favor of an Oscar Wilde biography (I swear I don't love Oscar like I love Bernard, but I still feel guilty), and an awesome linguistics-type book I picked up at B&N. If you want to talk books and/or Victorian/Edwardian writers and/or culture, drop me a line. Otherwise, I promise I'm so boring right now.

Gender: 58% female.

1 comment:

Kari said...

WTNY was on in line after Color Purple- having just finished the one, I'm ready to start the other. If it's anywhere near as good, I'll knock it out in no time. . . I ended up watching a movie late last night and sobbing as well, but I watched Philadelphia. I think my late-night movie tendencies are only adding to the insomnia.