Friday, February 03, 2006

Sleep Little Girl

Although I know it's been colder, it hasn't FELT so cold here yet as it did today. I finally understand Freezing Fog- the weather guy explained on the tv last night that the water remains gas until it hits a surface, at which point it immediately condenses and freezes and covers the trees in ice and is SO PRETTY. Early this morning, it was just fog, though, and bitter cold. So cold that the train was 25 minutes late, and that means I spent those 25 minutes standing on an unprotected train platform, waiting. And the walk to school was just terrible- it hurt to breathe, I was so cold. I didn't think it was really possible for cold air to hurt that much in my nostrils. I did make it to school, and decided that going to history for the final 15 minutes (remember how late the train was) wasn't worth it, and then I went to English to find all of 7 people there. Herr Kütz had some them debate beauty contests and vegetarianism, just trying to get them to talk, and Tinta had the funniest pro-meat argument, but I can't hope to recreate it. It was beautiful, though. There were only 6 of us in Biology, but Wittmeyer went on with teaching, and we managed to have 11 people in math- 2 full rows! We collected for German, determined that there were 6 of us, and that our teacher was nowhere to be seen, so we left. Leaving school a period early is really nice. I got the 12:40 train and ran from that to the bus, and ended up home 10 seconds before Piff- because he had to put his bike up, I got in the door first. I consider this a very great accomplishment. Spent the afternoon relaxing and went to church tonight for a video night- I don't recall the name of the film, but it was a really fascinating German-Canadian production about a German theologian who resisted the Nazis and, of course, was killed. It was great, but its heavy themes have me disinclined to be entertaining, and I have to be back at church at 9 tomorrow morning for some first aid course. So I promise a round-up of this week (it will be round), perhaps tomorrow, perhaps Sunday. I have many wonderful notes about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you going to share with the world your drama? or is it a geheim? :P
Schönes Sonntag noch!
check out my photo on xanga!