Monday, February 20, 2006

More Good News

In the mail today: Sweet Briar (safety school) accepts me, offers me a $15,000 per year ($60,000 total) Commonwealth Scholarship for being cool and living in VA, and notes that I qualify for the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant of $2500 per year, putting me at $17500 in scholarship before they've even seen my financial information. Also, I am already accepted into the Honors Program.
Remember: Safety School. In-State School.

Otherwise, today was, well, Monday. It's 7° outside right now, so it feels like springtime, and I made certain to walk home today instead of taking the bus. My German teacher suggested I do a presentation on a topic of my choice, and I am thinking it is time the Germans learn about George Bernard Shaw. I bet you figured I'd pick him. We're listening to silly British radio programs, and I've determined that I am 100% over British accents- they are no longer fun, just annoying. Also, my German teacher asked me why we don't pronounce it "long-evity," to which I had to simply reply that it sounded silly, although I really meant that his question was silly.
Reli brought philosophy in the form of math, which, it turns out, is fun, much more so than real math. We have lots of math and physics LK-types in there, so they were all trying to make complex formulas and wanted to know if they could integrate the Ego to determine its relation to mind and brain, or something like that. It was awesome.
We had an X in Bio, which is basically a pop quiz, but because we'd been waiting for one, I had kind of studied during lunch and it wasn't too terribly hard. I am figuring on a 3. Poor Herr Wittmeyer complained about students who "always write so much, and then I have to read it." This is what silly German teachers get for always always giving essay tests and quizzes.

I came home from school and discovered that Piff, who was still asleep when I left the house, is wearing a yellow t-shirt over a black long-sleeved shirt, as am I. Same color yellow even. I swear we aren't really twins, but sometimes the similarities are eery.

Also, the mail brought me pictures from Blackstone. Granted, I had to use my Snapfish skills to order these myself, but they were free except for postage because I have all sorts of Snapfish credits built up. Still, it would have been cooler if someone had sent me surprise pictures. Is this a hint for the future? Who knows?

Happy President's Day!

Oh dear! I almost forgot the most important part! I have a half-packed package on my floor, and it needs chocolates to complete it! Thing is, I don't want to send random chocolates to random people- those of you who want something need to send me an e-mail expressing this wish TODAY. (This is for TUMC people, although others are welcome to send me e-mail, your chocolates will just go out in a different package, is all.) TJ was supposed to tell all of you this, and I've not heard from a one of you. Cindy, Bill- if you want some specifics (and I'm sure you do), could you drop me another line with those details? You are getting delicacies, no worries, but I'd like to hit your favorites! (Google should bring up websites for Ritter Sport and Milka so you can examine flavors, if you like.)

And: (this post just keeps growing) Scary-Go-Round really speaks to me today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Briar sounds good. Love the
money. Anything over that can come out of your pocket. Hope you get a good job.

Anonymous said...

I would like some Ritter Sport Feinherb, if you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

Great news on the safety school!

The cappuchino-amarettini (sp?) was the Ritter Sport I tried that was really yummy. Also, I like dark chocolate alot. I will leave the rest to you, Kari. It is really nice of you to think of us here in VA, and I will remember to "surprise" you with real prints next go around. : )

Cindy

KC said...

congrats on sweet briar!! i admit, i'm not shocked in the least that all these schools are accepting you. . .

you know what i was thinking about? i'm PRETTY positive that of EVERYONE in our senior class, you and i traveled further than anyone else. (you much further than me but still substantially far.)

rock on mass commies, rock on you and rock on me!

Anonymous said...

sweet on the finances.