Thursday, January 18, 2007

Marzipan

I decided to begin eating my Milka Marzipan bar today, but I wanted to savor every single experience this chocolate bar offers. The crinkle of the foil as I unwrap it, the firm bar itself, caressing its sections with my fingers, that finest-on-earth smell of almonds and chocolate and sugar that makes my mouth water. I could just sit here and smell it forever.... carefully breaking one section off and wrapping the rest for later, holding the chocolate in my mouth as I type, nearly exploding as my saliva rushes up to greet the familiar taste, as the cocoa melts away and dissolves into my mouth. I nibble, wanting to make this moment last as long as I can, pulling away tiny layers of bittersweet chocolate before I reach the marzipan I so long for. I suck at the chocolate, afraid that biting will ruin everything, pulling the whole square into my mouth. Then it happens, the chocolate gives way to marzipan underneath and I close my eyes in ecstasy, carefully chewing that paste which makes my world go 'round.

No comments: