Thursday, September 14, 2006

Only God

Did I tell you about how Jack and Katelyn and I are making a list of extensions of God? First, we were just very certain that God is found in chocolate pudding. Then we realized that God is also certainly found in Oscar Wilde. Then Jack decided that God is Oscar Wilde made of chocolate pudding, but Jack's a little weird and also an atheist. Now we've been working on a list on Jack's facebook wall for a while, and the most huh-worthy contribution came from Frank (Jack's boyfriend, whom we all adore): "that numbness of the lips that you get after eating lots of oranges," which we are still trying to figure out. Any insight would be appreciated.

So what have I been up to? Well, on Tuesday, in addition to taking a bunch of pictures, I had no class. I met Sara at 10:25 and made sure she got her laundry started, then we went to the bridge for breakfast, then we moved her laundry to the dryer, then I did some serious syllabus-crunching (I have these amazing new time management skills and I'm not totally sure where they come from but I love them), then I had to get Sara and Jack on the bus at 12, then I met Katelyn for a fast lunch before she had to go to class, then I got Sara's laundry out of the dryer, then I started calling around looking for a work-study job, then I ran around filling out some applications, then I had an interview, and, no, I don't have a job yet, but I'm waiting to hear. Sometime after I finished all this, Katelyn finished her Spanish class and came by to hang out and then Jack and Sara got back from Mt Holyoke and Spanish and then the homework party started, and got interrupted for dinner, and continued until Katelyn and Jack had written their essays (Sara did join the homework party later, and I took pictures that I'll upload eventually), and there was some doing of other homework, but then certain people got distracted and we moved to Jack's room to work on our beloved gay signs. They are all printed now, and, as soon as we get some time, we will begin covering them with feathers and sequins and shiny things and hanging them around. I will take many pictures. After printing all the pictures, Jack kicked us out of his room and I went to waste time on the internet for hours until I fell asleep.
Of course I forgot to set my alarm early enough to meet Aaron (I blame Jack), but he's cool with it. Turned in our essays in wwwii, talked about the essays a bit, listened to awesome radio programming. Went to post office, Jack got 4! packages, but one of them is a present for me so I guess it's okay. Jack gets a whole lots of packages, though. Ate lunch, did homework, bought Jack a Rosh Hashanah present (this is a long and mildly interesting story. also I discovered that Rosh Hashanah is my birthday this year), went to sound patterns where we talked about vowels and then spanish where we had a dance party and played with plastic vegetables. Went to dinner, more homework until Jack and Sara couldn't take it any longer and decided to watch Queer as Folk. I was good for at least an hour and kept reading my Yiddish, but then I needed a break and so I went down to watch with them. Jack stole my boa and Sara yelled at him about getting feathers everywhere. Watched QaF until Sara kicked us out, came back and finished my Yiddish reading before 2 am. Slept.
Today's plan: shower, go get mail, meet Katelyn for lunch, go to Yiddish, go to knitting circle, dinner, go to storytelling, have wwwii reading party, perhaps decorate signs.

No comments: