Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Jealousy

Mondays and Tuesdays are lazier days for mean than Saturdays and Sundays. I sleep in late and nobody (Jack) comes bothering me in the morning and my phone doesn't ring (Sara) until later in the day. I did have to get up yesterday morning cause I had a job interview, and if I didn't have class all day on Wednesday then I'd have a job, but now I'm waiting and looking into some other things. Did a lot of laundry yesterday, cause I needed to do a lot of laundry, and Katelyn and Jack did, too. We read while we were waiting for our wash (the alliteration in this sentence is an exampel of the alliteration David Kennedy loves using in this one book we have to read) and probably annoyed the other people who were around. We grabbed some lunch with Sara in her short break between classes and then we read until Katelyn had to go to class and then Jack and I were lazy and then I had to go to Spanish and I always kind of drag my heels to that class even though it's not bad at all. I just couldn't wake up and focus yesterday, but I swear I am learning Spanish, little by little. Grabbed some quick dinner after Spanish and ran off to watch Tevye with my Yiddish class (it's the movie Fiddler on the Roof was based on, except that it's more that they're both based on the same book by which I mean set of short stories by Sholem Alechiem which I am currently reading) and I adore Yiddish in ways you can't begin to understand. That language just makes me happy all over. After the movie came work work work and Katleyn and Jack and I plowed through Kennedy until midnight, when we were not done with 1 chapter and were so sick of it and sat down and planned that we will be very good students today and read the 4 chapters of Goodwin that we have left and we shall get through Kennedy on our own time and I am getting so tired of having so much reading to do. I couldn't sleep at midnight, of course, but I did manage to by 2, and I slept soundly until at least 10:30 and then did nothing more productive than make a carefully color-coded schedule representing me, Jack, Katelyn, and Sara and all of our classes until I met Sara to grab Jack and Katelyn for lunch until they all had to go to their respective Spanish classes. I went by the post office and discovered that I got 3 of my books for Yiddish today (I am only missing 1 now) and I've been sort of reading and sort of napping and being lazy but Katelyn should be back soon and then Jack should show up and we'll get down to business and really read until our brains explode.

No comments: