Monday, September 04, 2006

My Lady's House

I don't actually have a lady, but if I did, her house would be Dakin, because Dakin is the best house. Today, in bullet-list form (I love bullet lists- if you don't, I don't care)
-meant to sleep in, but everyone else on the hall got up and was opening and closing our dorm's loud doors, and I got up at 8:30 anyway. Ate my chocolate crossaint while talking to Jack (and making him jealous of my crossaint), wandered through the rain to meet orientation group at 10. (by the way, Kace, we don't call it o-week. your school is weird.)
-drew a picture and painted a flowerpot
-went back to room, met Sara for lunch, ran into Jack, found pudding, had much happiness
-met up with orientation group again to walk to Eric Carle museum of picture book art. Love this museum. Looked at all the pretty pictures (they have a Wizard of Oz exhibit right now!!), bought giant rubber duckie for $4, saw more kids in an art museum than ever before.
-toured dorms with orientation group in effort to discover where we all live. still think dakin is awesome and merrill is twisted and confusing and hopeless.
-went to explore the basement of dakin with Sara, found laundry room and rec room, went back to Sara's room and chilled until dinner
-ran into Alex in dinner line, determined that we must stick together so I could trade my short ethernet cable for his super-long ethernet cable (as agreed yesterday but then we lost each other), ate dinner with Sara and Alex and Morgan, decided to have a big Queer as Folk party with Sara's dvds after dinner. Called Jack to come to QaF party. Had popsicle battle with Alex (that I won no matter what he says), presaging continued attempts of Alex and I to prove that one of us was in some way superior to the other. I am superior.
-went back to Dakin while Alex went to grab his ethernet cable, made the trade, grabbed supplies for QaF party, put Sara's pudding in Jack's fridge
-went to basement, watched wonderful beautiful beloved cheesy funny Queer as Folk (also fought with the dvd player for a bit cause not a single remote had batteries)
-returned upstairs, ambivilated between my room and Jack's, settled on his, listened to music and talked and ate pudding and drank tea
-Alex and Morgan decided to return to Merrill, claiming "lateness." the three remaining settled in to chill, complain about the bass down the hall
-at 11:03 (quiet hours start at 11 on weeknights), wonderful beloved awesome beloved intern Phil came up and told the bass party people to shut up, we told Phil we loved him
-at 11:23, the bass started again
-at 11:30, Phil returned, party people claimed they forgot, bass stopped for good. tonight at least.
-talked, learned to play hearts, did semi-okay at hearts, taught Jack to play capitalism, remained in 2nd throughout capitalism
-decided we were tired and broke off, asked Jack if I could just retrieve my mugs later meaning all stuff I had in his room, he said sure meaning just the mugs, drug my kettle and tea bags back across the hall and teased Jack about being silly
-wrote blog from bed using power of new super-long ethernet cable for which Alex gets much love
-sleep

No comments: