Friday, June 10, 2005

Letters from the Past

Apparently, in eight-grade English class, we had to write letters to our high school selves. I got that letter in the mail today. I'd type it here, but it's really long and parts of it are mildly embarassing or just plain mean now. But I must say that it's pretty funny to read what 13-year-old me wrote! I'd forgotten how awesome my friends from back then were- seeing them recently didn't bring any of that back, although I can get it a little from my eighth-grade yearbook. There's also random relationship advice- that's pretty hilarious, actually. I'm glad to see that I haven't changed too much, just matured. I was sure of myself back then- no stress, no fears, looking boldly into a future full of choice and opportunity, and I couldn't wait to make those choices. There's also the normal middle school complaints about teachers and parents and projects, most of which are nothing compared to the junk I've had in high school.

Overall opinion: this is a pretty silly letter, and I sort of wish I'd taken it a bit more seriously. But what can one expect from a letter written in class by a 13-year-old?

Gender: 58% female

No comments: