Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Changes

Scroll down to check out camping pics- you're the best, Jill!

Well, I've walked across the stage in an uncomfortable white outfit and now I have a piece of paper validating my life. I'm ambivalent- I know I'm closing a chapter in my life, and a significant one at that, but I don't feel that way. I'm more distraught that I won't see my church people for a year than that I might never see any of these school people again. It's like I'm ready for closure, even though I love all those friends dearly. It'll hit me in a few weeks, probably, but for now I'm glad to be done, and not just with homework and projects and stuff. I'm glad to be out of high school, even as I head off for one more year.
Graduation itself was less tedious than expected, but still oh-so-boring. Kacey's speech was great- she worked in Dailey's Ace Ventura walk!- but the rest was so cliched it hurt. I really wish there'd been a seperate mass comm thing, but I guess it doesn't matter. Who really remembers high school graduation, no matter what anyone says? It's not important to me. I guess it's for our parents or whatever- a nice ceremony for people who like ceremony (says the Methodist who can hardly do anything without ritual). It'll be nice to look back on, but I wouldn't wanna do it again.

Went to youth group tonight, too, 'cause I'd rather do that than anything else. We watched Bruce Almighty, which is a great movie. It was fun, and there were eclairs. Life is still pretty sweet.

Gender: 70% female

No comments: