Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Female of the Species

New Orleans was mind-blowingly amazing. There are about 3 rolls' worth of pictures that we are in the process of getting developed (yes, we did things the old-fashioned disposable camera way) and I will scan and upload them when they come in. Once that happens, I will be better able to tell you the 263498 stories that I have.

Mary's here visiting this week, which is pretty much the best thing ever. She's sleeping on an air mattress on my floor (i.e. taking up all the floor space in my room and making it impossible to walk- the mattress gets picked up the moment she awakens), sometimes going to my classes, sometimes going to Katie's, sometimes hanging out, taking many many trips to Northampton, and Katie is being so so wonderful and taking Mary to all sorts of other places while I go to my 189457 classes and other Things That I Do. I used to be booked solid from 10:30-5:30 every day- that's starting to become more like 10-midnight, and I'm cool with it cause it's (mostly) fun stuff. The Girl Who Fell Through A Hole In Her Sweater (the play I'm sound designing, non-hip-and-with-it kids) opens April 9, so this week is the last push for us designers to get everything done... I got cast yesterday in another play, Yackagdayou, Brateslayou (And Other Such Nonsense), which is about the most awesome group of old people ever- they've been friends since their childhood camp days, and they're these really radical communist types (but weren't ever really involved in the Party) and their stories are so amazing and we're trying our best to do them justice. I'm doing double duty as Elly and Ellie- I had a meeting with Ted (who is playing my husband Davie) yesterday and we called the real Elly and Davie to talk to them- they are hilarious and wonderful and amazing and have the most fun relationship and I am very excited to be portraying them. We're doing a read-through tonight, so that should be great fun.
In non-theater news, life is great, math is fun, linguistics class is not, Jew class is the best ever and I'm already trying to plan my final paper around how this guy is the queer Philip Roth, circa 1958. Because Jews=queers, as I explained in my Yiddish Lit final paper. I keep meaning to write about other things, but I can't avoid it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOmedya you will have to publish a book called "Jews=Queers"

Anonymous said...

*someday (I have no idea what happened to that word)