Saturday, April 08, 2006

Alright, Alright

When was my last post? Friday?

Ugh.

Ok, um. Saturday I got up early and got on a train to Nürnberg with church and we went to a Diakonie, which is sort of like a convent for Methodists. All the old ladies there were really nice and it was actually all kinds of fun, although the meat they served us was so gross I nearly went kosher then and there. They gave us ice cream later, though, and it was delicious. The weather was pretty, we took a walk, there are pictures that are making it on to Butterfly Paper slowly. After the old ladies, we went and saw an iMax movie about a Safaria and it was 3-D, which is fun but gives you a terrible headache. And that was my Dada month.

Sunday was the guitar service, where I managed to play decently, I guess, and an awesome guest preacher dude, who showed us (after church), his recently-televised abilities to identify Asterix quotes (don't ask) and then we made lunch together. It was delicious and a good time and I have this awesome Nadja-Piff quote written down, but it doesn't translate.

Monday, there was a Deutsch X. I took it, and wrote a few things on-topic, then BSed a bunch of things that had nothing to do with our current play, but rather the novella before it. Oh well. In English, we watched the most terrible 9-11 Conspiracy Theory movie ever. There was nothing right about this movie. It was hilarious. In Reli, I learned the Apostles Creed in German! I took a nap in my free period instead of studying for Bio, and then woke up for lunch, glanced at Bio, and then napped on. Fortunately, we did not have an X in Bio, so my lack of studying went without consequence. Instead, we learned the Biology of Beer, and it was as funny as you imagine. That night, I hopped on the train and headed back up to school to watch the school play, "Romulus the Great." It was fun, and starred many members of the K12 being incredibly entertaining. Also lots of girls dressed as boys, and Chubie had entertaining facial hair, and there were chickens and 11th graders as statues and I liked it. The play ended at 9:30, and Vronni drove me to the train station since it was raining, and I had the whole place to myself while I waited until 10:30, when the train came. It's nice to have a train station to yourself late at night. You can sing along to your iPod and no one will hear, and you can dance around, and it's lovely. Then you get to your home Bahnhof and get to have this amazing walk home. I wrote about it somewhere. Let me find that. "Walking home in the dark, all alone, when the streets are all empty. I can't help but run until I can't anymore, then I stop and double over and gasp at the air that is so cold it hurts when it hits my nostrils, my throat, my lungs. Then I straighten up and shove my fists into my pockets and walk off, really fast, as if someone were watching me. But no one is, their blinds are closed and their lights are off, and I'm alone. I want to scream into the clear night air, but it will only ruin what I have. I only paused when I saw the kitten, to pet it, but it knows that nights are for prowling, too. I don't want to ever get home, I want to go on walking like that forever." So yeah. That was neat.
I was sleepy Tuesday morning, and school was school. We had some long debate about what's a fruit and what's a vegetable in the free period, I played with prime numbers instead of paying attention in math (I like prime numbers), we went to the computer lab in history to start a week of looking at internet websites about coal mining history in Germany. You know this was a snooze. I got fun mail, and I ate lunch really fast and ran to catch the bus to go to the movies with Nadja and Anja. We saw Die Wilde Hühner, which only plays at 3 in the afternoon, and it was one of those awesome movies that romanticizes being 11 but was so much fun.
No Reli on Wednesday means I got to sleep in. More falling asleep in front of German coal miners in history, and we also watched a film strip. An actual film strip. About coal mining. It made the film strip noise and everything. It was crazy. There were only 6 of us in Bio, but we marched on. Art brought painting, and my art teacher was in a bad mood, but still complimented my (totally mediocre) paintings. I had delicious pizza for lunch and we discussed drunken Friedl stories. I spent German and Math more asleep than awake, and we continued the conspiracy theory movie in English. Some dude had an Arkansas accent, which comforted me, but the movie itself was boring. I got wonderful wonderful wonderful news in the mail- my Hampshire financial aid info came, and I am now a Hampster! I am putting my deposit in the mail tomorrow. So excited!
Thursday, I was up for Ausfragen in Sozi (I looked the word up in my dictionary at long last, and it said "interrogation," which sounds scary). I got 13 points, which is a 1, which is, as Tinta said, "krass." I am terribly proud of myself. In English, we listened to some sort of accent practice. British accents. Yuck. More computer lab in history, but I figured out how to talk to certain people via gmail chat, and that made it better. I went and picked up pictures (the ones that are on Butterfly Paper) from Nadja, and we (me, Nadja, Romi) decided to make a movie night. We made some tea and cut up some apples and carrots and settled down in the frozen basement to watch the Shipping News. The directing and acting were more than solid, but the plot wasn't my cup of tea. (My actual cup of tea was delicious, thank you.) Of course, movies are sometimes long, and I didn't get home until 10:30, meaning I was more tired on. . .
Friday. More computer-rooming it in history, and then to the other lab in English, and there was a new American! She will be here for the next 3 months and she is nice and I was happy to meet here. We spent the whole Pause talking, and it was nice. In Bio, Herr Wittmeyer kept reminding us that drinking in moderate amounts is a-okay and will not cause cirrhosis or death. Those sorts of reminders don't really exist in America. We started Ecology as well, because starting a new topic the days before a 2-week Ferien is the Thing To Do. No math, but I had to stay for German, and was so bored. Home, relax, almost forget about youth group, but Erhard came by to pick something up and drove me and we hung out and played games with Jan, who Nadja and Anja are roping in to help lead, and it was fun.
I slept in today, and I have been lazy and relaxing because I have Ferien now. I chose not to go in to the city, and probably will Monday or something. Right now, I have no Lust.

No comments: