Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weimar Woot Woot

Yes, I am in the loverly city of Weimar, which is more shtetl than shtot by Yiddish standards, so I guess that makes it a Städtchen in German but that's not a word. And we finally found Debi (who is staying in the same hostel as us) tonight (although we have been in Weimar since 9 pm last night) and have had other adventures, including:
-finding the cutest French cafe EVER
-taking Katie to the hospital because apparently that's what you have to do to get sinus medicine in Germany on a Sunday (things not ever being open on Sunday was on my "I don't like this" list, I now remember)
-eating Bratwurst and Döner yesssssss
-hooking up with some Yidn (mostly German Gentiles, natch) for singing and dancing (we threaded the needle yay!)


Also umm München stories? Frenchy Frenchman our hostel roommate was so amazing and we had so many very short, slightly awkward but oh-so-charming conversations. Munich itself remains among my favorite cities in the world, we checked out some sweet art at the Pinakothek, and we went on a sweet free tour that involved so many stories about beer because Munich is all about beer. And Sarah inadvertently stole a beer glass from which she was drinking apple juice, because she is good at things like that. And ummmmm I love Munich?

Maybe I will be better at travelouging while in Biro-bairo-Biro-bairo-Biro-bairo-Birobidzhan. Tomorrow, it is off to Dresden, then Leipzig (1 day each), then we hit up Frankfurt for laundry and last-minute shopping and maybe a little sightseeing.

No comments: