Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I Think I'd Rather Spend the Day In Bed

"Kari, why don't you update with some sort of regularity anymore?" "Because I hate you all. Also my life is not that interesting, I swear."

26 June
Skip school, go to park and draw pictures instead.
27 June
Go to school, bored out of mind.
28 June
Skip school, visit Nordlingen, Heidenheim, Steiff museum, take pictures of churches.
29 June
Go to school, see duckies. Duckies are really really cute.
30 June
Skip school, Germany plays Argentina. 1-1 after overtime, Germany wins in the penalty shots, country explodes in joy, I cry a little. Get in car, go to cabin in the middle of nowhere with youth group (Piff "knew the way" so we of course got lost), roast sausages over fire, run around in the woods in the middle of the night in the pitchdark without a flashlight (but I did have those little glowstick thingies), watch boys build really big big fire, take lots of pictures, stare at stars, fall asleep.
1 July
Canada Day. Hang out in the sunshine, run around in the woods chasing Anja and Nadja and Jan except Jan hid himself somewhere and none of us could find him forever. Have water balloon fight that turned into water bucket fight because nobody likes waiting for water balloons to get filled. Dry out. Roast sausages over open fire. Roast marshmallows. Germans don't like marshmallows, sources say only Americans truly understand the wonders of a freshly roasted, gooey marshmallow. Play Wetten Das! with all sorts of crazy bets (including pajamas, cross-dressing, and hanging the clothes on our backs on a clothesline), win big. Make losing team run across big field to other house while singing songs about Germany becoming Weltmeister. Watch Truman Show. Watch boys build really really big big big fire (taller than Piff). Sleep.
2 July
Make paper boats, make storm to try to sink them. Hang out. Clean up. Hang out. Come home. Discover Hampshire orientation group is "Crafty Goodness and Exploration." Happy. Sleep.
3 July
Intend to go to school, oversleep, skip school. Go to park, draw pictures.
4 July
America Day. Skip school, make hot dogs. Think about going to park, drawing pictures.

Meta-note: I've gone and added Life Phases to my blog. Certain old entries now display a note "BEGIN LIFE PHASE ____" or "END LIFE PHASE ____." This stuff is probably more significant to me than you, but if you're curious how I sort my life (and it sorts into perfect periods of exactly 8 weeks), maybe you want to check this stuff out. Also you will probably see these sorts of notes popping up in future entries as phases begin and end.

11 comments:

KC said...

i think that you're bluffing. if you're anything like me, the reason you don't update as much is because you have EVERYTHING going on and you're far too busy to concern yourself with blog readers! of course, with that said, don't analyze how many days out of the last seven i've blogged. it might make me feel a bit pathetic. but then again, i'm housesitting with no one but a dog and three cats to talk to. . .

independence day here in the states! i have some fireworks to go watch!!

Kari said...

I think fireworks would have been a whole lot more pleasant than the football game I just watched.

Poor, poor Germany. Terrible sneaky Italy. Sadness hangs over the land.

Anonymous said...

No <3 for the Sarah? You said you hate everyone. :(

Kari said...

Yes, I hate you too. Isn't it obvious?

Anonymous said...

you don't hate me! I am a super loveable person! I am a super loveable person! as I keek into my schedule, I have time for you!!! :D Your life is totally interesting, you just don'T want the rest of the world to see the details.... only a precious few know the truth!!! mua ha ha ha ha haha ha!!!
yes, i have sunstroke.... rescue me!!!
hearts and hugs

Anonymous said...

Quite obvious Miss. Mean Pants. Hmph, don't look for anymore messages from me!

Kari said...

Mary, I hate you, too. You are part of "you all."

Seriously what on earth are you doing on the internet at midnight on an island in the middle of nowhere?

Anonymous said...

Floating around enjoying the internet (since when is VA an island?). Hey I am not supposed to be leaving messages, you were mean!!

Kari said...

Mary's the one who is currently on an island in the middle of nowhere that wasn't supposed to have internet access. . . oopsies for not specifying that one.

I know full well what you are doing on the internet in the middle of the night, Silly Sarah. :P

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I see. Hehe. =X

Anonymous said...

sorry. i didn'T realize that internet access would be soooooo handy.
you don't hate me.